Tuesday 2 April 2013

Irish Play!

For what seems like a very long time we have been learning a play in Irish. We have been given parts, learning lines, making costumes, swords, windows and practicing our acting skills ( as well as our dancing skills ).
  We learned an old Irish play. I was the narrator so I had a good few lines to learn but they weren't very long or difficult so I didn't mind. Also I liked my role because others didn't have to witness my very bad acting.....
   I was also the dance coordinator. I had to teach the class a celili dance which was in one of the scenes in the play.
  We performed the play on our schools annual dress up day for St. Patrick's Day. We also did it then as it was "Seachtain na Gaeilge". We performed the play twice that day. At the start of the day in front of 5th years and at the end of the day in front of 2nd years and our fellow TY classes. It was really fun and we all had a good time dressing up and having fun. It went well and the experience was definitely something new for a lot of us. I really enjoyed working with the girls in my class to produce a play together. I am just glad I didn't have to act!

No comments:

Post a Comment